It seems like there are so many times when I just don’t have enough time to make a healthy, satisfying meal for the family. If that’s the case with you too, the following recipe can be a life saver. You can present a beautiful, nutritious and hearty meal with less than a half hour warning. It’s one of my favorite recipes and a real family pleaser.
Kathy’s Stirfried Chicken and Asparagus with Pistachios
* 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
* 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1 pound chicken tenders cut into bite-size pieces
* 4 scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
* 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
* 1 tablespoon oyster-flavored sauce
* 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce
* 1/4 cup SLO Farm unsalted pistachio kernels
* Yield: 4 servings, about 1 1/4 cups each
* Prep Time: 25 minutes
Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add asparagus; cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add chicken; cook, stirring, for 4 minutes. Stir in scallions, ginger, oyster sauce and chile-garlic sauce; cook, stirring, until the chicken is juicy and just cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes more. Stir in pistachios and serve immediately.